Readers, if you enjoy being surprised by posts then you can safely skip reading this post, as it contains dates of scheduled upcoming posts. There are a few surprises here and there however on certain dates and details that have intentionally been left out. After all, not everything fun and worthwhile can be scheduled.
For those curious to know what to expect in the future that’s new review-related to this blog and wondering what types of posts appear here, the frequency and schedule, this post provides details and specifics.
Of course other non-review posts are made in/around the posts that are actually planned below and there are also some reviews that aren’t listed as well like ongoing The Twilight Zone (1959-) reviews, which are planned to take place over many, many years at this blog, not days, weeks or months.
COMING SOON TO THEATERS – Additions, changes and modifications
The image at the top of this post shows the subsections on the 2020 Coming Soon to Theaters page and now includes the following subsections:
- STREAMING PREMIERE – these are higher profile movies that either could, should or are simultaneous theater releases. It’s not intended to be a complete list of all new streaming movies. VOD/PVOD movie releases will also appear on this list. From top to bottom it is date sorted (beginning of the month at top, end of month at bottom)
- DELAYED/MOVED – movies intended to be released to theaters but have moved to other months are now listed under this subcategory
Someday all these movie release date changes might have to be put in a database, but for now this seems like the simplest and cleanest way to portray this information. Again, it’s not every single movie being released, it seeks to capture the wide theater releases, some [LIMITED] releases and streaming premieres. Basically, we’re trying to keep our eyes on new films that have broad appeal or wide release, academy attention (including some indie films) and noteworthy streaming premieres. New films can and will slip through the cracks, but this should be a fairly detailed overview of the “biggest” and “best” new movies being released in theaters in the United States.
Unless otherwise noted, all movie release dates are for the United States only. Other country release dates are not being tracked.
MONDAY / TUESDAY / WEDNESDAY – Compiled Reviews By Others + Critique Posts
New wide release movies planned for review compilation posts. These dates are subject to change based on the movies actually being released and/or our ability to watch the movies the weekend before. In some rare circumstances, reviews by others are compiled without our review, but won’t critique movies that haven’t been watched and reviewed.
All movie reviews (spoiler-free) appear first and/or primarily at Letterboxd see: https://letterboxd.com/tjsnk/
All movies seen in theaters have spoiler-free video reviews created just after leaving the movie theater at our MovieReviewsByUs YouTube channel
All movie review compilations and critiques — these contain spoilers — appear at MovieReviewsByUs.com usually the week following US release, but sometimes delayed longer. Typically, these review compilations will appear Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. There is no schedule for these posts, but you can follow along with the Coming Soon 2020 or Monthly Coming Soon to Theater lists to see which movies will be watched and reviewed.
The goal is to watch and review all wide release movies released in theaters. Not all VOD and streaming release movies are watched and reviewed.
WEDNESDAY – Coming To Theaters This Weekend Posts
Our coming to theaters weekend list will return as soon as theaters reopen. These detail the wide release movies that are being released in theaters the coming weekend.
THURSDAY – What to Watch on Streaming Channels This Weekend
A recap of MovieReviewsByUs selected titles, mostly new titles, but some older movies available across a selection of the various streaming services including, but not limited to: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, Peacock, Hulu, Shudder, DC Universe, AppleTV+
FRIDAY – FIRST LOOK Fridays
Preview posts of all wide release movies in theaters, some VOD, some movies and TV series on streaming channels.
These posts are not planned in advance, but try to post at least some movies coming to theaters within the next 45-90 days.
SATURDAY Morning Cartoon (Spoiler-Free) Reviews
Currently the following cartoons are have been or being scheduled to have reviews posted on Saturdays:
Scooby-Doo Where Are You (1969)
Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973)
Every Saturday morning a new review for a classic cartoon series is scheduled to be reviewed. Here’s the schedule of reviews for what’s already happened and the rest of 2020:
- July 04: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? S1:E1 – “What A Night For A Knight” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- July 11: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? S1:E2 – “A Clue For Scooby-Doo” ⭐️⭐️⭐️½
- July 18: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E3 – “Hassle In The Castle”
- July 25: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E4 – “Mine Your Own Business”
- Aug 01: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E5 – “Decoy for a Dognapper”
- Aug 08: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E6 – “What The Hex Going On?”
- Aug 15: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E7 – “Never Ape an Ape Man”
- Aug 22: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E8 – “Foul Play In Funland”
- Aug 29: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E9 – “The Backstage Rage”
- Sep 05: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E10 – “Bedlam in the Big Top”
- Sep 12: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E11 – “A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts”
- Sep 19: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E12 – “Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too”
- Sep 26: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E13 – “Which Witch is Which?”
- Oct 03: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E14 – “Go Away Ghost Ship”
- Oct 10: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E15 – “Spooky Space Kook”
- Oct 17: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E16 – “A Night of Fright Is No Delight”
- Oct 24: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You: S1:E17 – “That Snow Ghost” (season 1 finale episode)
- Oct 31 – Halloween cartoon surprise cartoon review
- Nov 07 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E1 – “Beyond The Farthest Star”
- Nov 14 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E2 – “Yesteryear”
- Nov 21 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1;E3 – “One Of Our Planets Is Failing”
- Nov 28 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E4 – “The Lorelei Signal”
- Dec 05 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E5 – “More Tribbles, More Troubles”
- Dec 12 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E6 – “The Survivor”
- Dec 19 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E7 – “The Infinite Vulcan”
- Dec 26 – Star Trek: The Animated Series: S1:E8 – “The Magicks of Megas Tu”
SUNDAY / MONDAY
The following new Stargirl Season 1 TV Show episodes are reviewed (spoiler-free) and posted either Sunday night (PT / GMT-8) or Monday, the date below is Monday, but again some will be posted early on Sunday night, which just depends on whether or not I watch the episode on Sunday or Monday (sometimes I fall asleep before it airs):
- May 24 – Stargirl S1:E1 – Pilot ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- May 25 – Stargirl S1:E2 – S.T.R.I.P.E ⭐️⭐️⭐️½
- May 31 – Stargirl S1:E3 – Icicle ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- June 07 – Stargirl S1:E4 – Wildcat ⭐️⭐️½
- June 15 – Stargirl S1:E5 – Hourman and Doctor Mid-Nite ⭐️⭐️
- June 22 – Stargirl S1:E6 – The Justice Society ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- June 29 – Stargirl S1:E7 – Shiv Part One ⭐️⭐️⭐️½
- July 06 – Stargirl S1:E8 – Shiv Part Two ⭐️⭐️⭐️½
- July 13 – Stargirl S1:E9 – Brainwave ⭐️½
- July 20 – Stargirl S1:E10 – Brainwave Jr.
- July 27 – Stargirl S1:E11 – Shining Knight
- Aug 03 – Stargirl S1:E12 – Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E Part One
- Aug 10 – Stargirl S1:E13 – Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E Part Two (season 1 finale episode)
Also see: MovieReviewsByUs.com TV Series Reviews: