From Focus Films and still holding on as one of two new May scheduled releases in theaters (fingers crossed that, if safe, some theaters will be reopened by then) comes this film formerly titled as Covers.
Set in the dazzling world of the LA music scene comes the story of Grace Davis (Tracee Ellis Ross), a superstar whose talent, and ego, have reached unbelievable heights. Maggie (Dakota Johnson) is Grace’s overworked personal assistant who’s stuck running errands, but still aspires to her childhood dream of becoming a music producer. When Grace’s manager (Ice Cube) presents her with a choice that could alter the course of her career, Maggie and Grace come up with a plan that could change their lives forever.Everything You Need to Know About The High Note Movie (2020) MovieInsider
- Giving off a bit of a The Devil Wears Prada vibe, only in a music diva’s world
- The famous singer wants to do an album and, true to form, they just want her to keep touring (more money there anyway these days)
- An assistant that turns into musical partner, could it be?
- Go off on that golf cart again, great visual! lol
- “Grace, you are the song!”
- I’m digging the trailer for the story and where it might lead
The High Note opens wide in theaters on May 8, 2020.