Rated R. Romantic comedy.
This film has been showing in previews at the theater for the last month. The title alone makes it worthwhile profiling on Valentine’s Day.
A couple (Issa Rae & Kumail Nanjiani) experiences a defining moment in their relationship when they are unintentionally embroiled in a murder mystery. As their journey to clear their names takes them from one extreme — and hilarious — circumstance to the next, they must figure out how they, and their relationship, can survive the night.The Lovebirds movie info via Rotten Tomatoes
Random Trailer Thoughts
- Foreigner’s “I Want To Know What Love Is” to running over a person in a car is quite the contrast
- “We have im-post-ers! Everybody unmask yourselves!”
- Not sure what’s up with the Phantom of the Opera masks, but that looks funny
- “Take … the grease!”
- From the trailer I’m not sensing much romantic chemistry between the characters, but tough to show that in two minutes
- They do seem like a decent comedy duo
- Issa Rae starred in another romance, The Photograph⭐️⭐️½ released on Valentine’s Day, so she’s getting prominent acting roles in new wide release films. She strikes me more as a dramatic actress than fit for comedies, but we’ll see what chops she has here. Trailer doesn’t really tell me enough. Looks like she might be playing the straight comic role
The Lovebirds opens wide in theaters April 3, 2020.