Rated R. Comedy. Remake of 2014 Swedish film Force Majeure.
A drop-in film by Fox Searchlight starring Julia Louis-Dryefus and Will Ferrell will debut at the Sundance Film Festival later this month and open wide on February 14, 2020.
Ferrell has a very hit and miss track record with movies and me. Loved him in some, hated him in others and found him to be just OK/average in others. He’s goes off and walks around nude in a few too many films which is one of those “yeah it was funny the first time” things.
Louis-Dreyfus? Can’t get her role as Elaine in Seinfeld out of my head. She’s a great straight comic to Ferrell’s unpredictable energy.
Random trailer thoughts
- Nice subtitle: “A different kind of disaster movie”
- Will be interesting to gauge romantic chemistry between Ferrell and Louis-Dreyfus, hard to tell from trailer
- Is some bearded guy hitting on Louis-Dreyfus?
- (he’s looking pretty fully dressed, sigh of relief) Please keep your clothes on Will Ferrell! It’s freezing outside
- The trailer makes this seem promising, but had no lol moments
Downhill opens in theaters February 14, 2020. How wide? Unknown as of this writing.