Underwhelming is one thing, terrible is another.
Say all you want about underwhelming movies like Gemini Man ⭐️⭐️ Terminator: Dark Fate ⭐️⭐️½ Charlie’s Angels ⭐️½ — all are amazing cinematic gold compared to the infernal plastic hell of watching Playmobil: The Movie ½
When a movie is attached to headlines like “one of the worst movies in cinematic history” you know it’s historically bad.
Only “The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure,” “Delgo” and a 10-year re-release of “Saw” had worse opening weekends.‘Playmobil’ movie bombs at box office, hauls in less than $1 million
Does anybody like this movie?
Figured I’d search through nearly 700 movie blogs I’m reading at this time for reviews on Playmobil: The Movie to see if someone, any critic — certainly there must be at least one movie reviewer that liked this film, yes? — can shine some positive light on this film … the search begins:
- Ben Warner: “This film is shameless in its commercialism. Don’t waste your time watching this movie. Watch a Playmobil advert on the television. You’d gain the same amount from that.”
- From The Kidz Seat: “Playmobil wasn’t great, but it was a really fun movie. It had those classic elements of fun, action, adventure, and bravery, but it wasn’t amazing. The music was probably the thing that stood out the most, aside from the weirdness (watch the pink hay people). The songs were pretty good, but definately ‘Give the People What They Want’ was the evilest song I have ever heard… “
- Jason’s Movie Blog: “I felt that the movie was derivatively bland, hodgepodge, weak, unfunny, and just a downright bore, with little entertainment; a sort of gimmicky premise that backfires. Thus, my recommendation for the movie is a straight up “skip it” as there’s not much reason to see this movie.”
- *Movie Oasis: “It’s a movie for everybody, It’s entertaining and even though it isn’t doing so well at the BoxOffice it’s still a fun movie to see with your children Because it Contains no foul language or violence. So sit back, drop the remote(If you are seeing it at home), relax and enjoy with your kids. “
- Phil the Bear’s Film Reviews: “Playmobil is absolutely fine for children under ten but that is as far as it goes. There is not much of interest for adults watching and in general it feels like the run of the mill toy advert everyone feared The Lego Movie would be.”
Found a couple nice things said about the movie and one fan (see asterisk), making the search fruitful.