Happy Thanksgiving to all! The 93rd Annual Macy’s Parade might have the high flying balloons grounded this morning if the high winds persist.
Leading up to the parade, winds could near 21 mph with gusts approaching 39 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Under New York City regulations, winds over 23 mph and gusts over 34 mph call for the balloons to be grounded. The regulation was passed in 1997 when a Cat in the Hat balloon knocked down a lighting pole, injuring four people. The parade begins at 9 a.m. ET. The TODAY Show’s Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb and Al Roker will host the three-hour broadcast on NBC.Thanksgiving news: NFL games, Macy’s parade balloons, holiday shopping
When we did have TV (we haven’t for a couple years now), the parade was a highlight tradition, along with watching the NFL football games. Of course eating a good turkey and all the fixings and maybe watching a holiday movie or two.
Others Blogging “Thanksgiving”-related Topics
In the spirit of giving back, and going through my reading, here are some others blogging “Thanksgiving”-related topics (not necessarily movie or TV-related):
- phoebe shares a Thanksgiving poem
- theosebes: Giving Thanks to a Community Project
- singerB39 reports on Jewish Thanksgiving and living in Jerusalem
- Nick Sigur: Banish Fear and Worry Through Thanksgiving
- KathyTroyer: Inspire – Day 330 – Thanksgiving
- Paul Christoph is binging old holiday favorites on Disney+
- Hannah Shoop shares Thanksgiving thoughts from Germany
- nopassingfancy: Thanksgiving Thursday
I’m a festive kind of guy who enjoys sharing, so spread the linking, favorites and following love and, for those bloggers who are posting today, please share some good holiday cheer!